At St. Thomas’ Church, we take the Baptismal Covenant call to “seek and serve Christ in all persons” to heart. We understand that reaching out our hands in service is a key component of Christian living. As a congregation, we seek to be reconcilers and bridge builders. This is done through direct ministry within the community (and throughout the world) as well as funding the vital work of our ministry partners.
Thrift shopping with a purpose! Volunteers transform donations from the community into an enormous monthly sale that funds outreach on local, national, and global levels. (No in person sales will take place this summer due to COVID-19 precautions.)
The St. Thomas’ Church Outreach Fund, established in 1987 by Bob Fernley, makes annual grants from the Fund’s income to provide seed money for new outreach programs. Click the link to view guidelines.
- Chestnut Hill Meals on Wheels
- Church of the Advocate in Philadelphia
- Cradles to Crayons
- Episcopal Community Services
- Global AIDS Interfaith Alliance (GAIA) in Malawi
- Honduras Water Mission
- Interfaith Housing Alliance
- Our Little Roses Mission in Honduras
- Rise Against Hunger
- St. James School in Philadelphia
- Visiting Nurse Association of Abington