Dear Friends: There’s an old adage that “Shepherds don’t make sheep. Sheep make sheep.”
Our clergy and lay staff have been working incredibly hard, and we are so blessed to have what is without doubt the most talented staff ever to serve our church in its 319-year history. I am so impressed by what they have done to prepare and put together the most incredibly exciting year ever and to create a program guide that highlights all that will occur.
Here’s where we need your help. Invite as many friends as family as you can to join us this Sunday for Homecoming and the following Sunday when we kick off our fall programming.
Get up, shower, dress, eat breakfast and make your way to church. Stop and bring your friends whom you’ve invited to join us and drive together to St. Thomas’. This Sunday is Homecoming Sunday, and we will have wonderful food, fellowship and lots of fun after the 10 a.m. service.
If St. Thomas’ is to reach more special people like you with the love of Jesus and transform our lives together we will only do it if you share the good news of all that is going on and invite those whom you know and care for to come be part of the exciting things going on at church.
If you’re blessed, they will be blessed. So, invite them to share in all that is taking place.
· Sign your friends and family up for The Discovery Hour classes.
· Join one of our choirs and sign your children up to sing with Michael Smith. He’s awesome.
· Get involved in children’s and youth and family ministries with Erika Bower.
· Sign up to participate in The Bible Challenge, the Parent/Child Bible Challenge or the Teen Bible Challenge and read the entire Bible or the New Testament in a year.
· Sign up for The Worship Challenge and commit to attending church every Sunday that you are health and able to join us and find a church to worship in when you are out of town on Sundays. It will transform your spiritual life.
· Bring a friend to Faith at Five, which takes on a new shape and feel starting this Sunday evening in the chapel of our new learning center.
· Talk to Emily Given about membership and finding a ministry.
· Join us for the Second Saturday Sale tomorrow, September 9th.
· Come to hear the Sunday Faith Forums, which start at 11:15 a.m. on September 17th.
· Fill the church this and every Sunday.
Christianity is not about us, it’s about God and it comes alive when we move out of the center and let God take over and invite others into the exciting life of Jesus and God’s church.
So, be sheep who make more sheep, because shepherds don’t make sheep. Sheep make sheep!
With excitement and joy and love for all that Jesus is about among us,